An emotional and heart-warming portrayal of the lives of four women living in wartime London. For the girls living at No. 13 Article Row, life has never been tougher. Tilly is left heartbroken after the love of her life, Drew, returns to his hometown of Chicago to visit his family and decides to stay there. After he ends their relationship via a letter, Tilly is desperate to find out the truth behind their break-up. Agnes is shocked to discover that she has inherited a house from her estranged father who left her at the orphanage all those years ago. After not having family for so long she now has a cousin who is very keen to get to know her, but is it for the right reasons? And for Tilly's mother, Olive, her repressed feelings for the unhappily married Sergeant Dawson are finally in the open, but can either of them ever recover from the guilt? Meanwhile, Sally's life is in turmoil when George is killed in an air raid, leaving her alone and pregnant. With so much tragedy surrounding them, the four girls must support each through the hard times.
Author: Annie Groves
Number of Pages: 400
Publisher: HarperCollins s
Publication Date: 24 Oct 2013
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9780007361557
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
- This book was traded in by a user. As part of our sustainability commitment, we are committing 1% of the profits to support sustainable initiatives.
- When you shop with Thryft, we help you do more with your purchase. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using more sustainable packaging options. Click here to learn more.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- We typically pack and dispatch orders within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- You can opt in for reusable e-commerce packaging if you are ordering 6 books or less! Click here to learn more.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store nor have access to your payment information.