Author: Philip Lee
Since the early 1970s, Philip Lee has been active in the newspaper business, chasing stories for The Straits Times with vigour, passion and a note pad in hand.
In 2002, he joined Streats and began writing a weekly column for the now defunct daily. His columns, published every Friday, discussed nostalgic events of the past, opined on the burning issues of the present and analysed the idiosyncrasies of interesting individuals he interacted with on the job. But the most popular of his topics were his thought-provoking commentaries on the proper use of English prose and language.
The columns ended their print run when the newspaper decided to pull down its shutters in 2004. A year later, The New Paper, where Philip was then a Copy Editor, wanted to bring the Friday column back to life. The column ran with much success, garnering a large readership while it lasted. Fridays with Philip is a collection of the most compelling picks from all his columns to date.
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Malaysia below RM150 are eligible for flat rate shipping of RM9.99 MYR. Orders RM150 and above are eligible for free shipping.
- We have a minimum order value requirement of RM30.
- All orders are packed and shipped within 2-7 business days, and may take up to 7 business days to arrive. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- After the orders have been shipped, some orders may also experience delays due to customs or the current COVID-19 measures. Unfortunately, we have no control over these delays and cannot predict what they may be. If necessary, we suggest that you contact your local office for additional information.
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9789810811280
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.