For more than 40 years, "Runner's World" magazine has been the world's leading authority on running - bringing its readers the latest advice on training, nutrition, and some of the most compelling sports narratives ever told. From inspirational stories such as "A Second Life" (the story of Matt Long, the FDNY firefighter who learned to run again after his leg was crushed by a 20-ton bus) to analytical essays such as "White Men Can't Run" (a look at what puts African runners at the front of the pack), the magazine captures the mind, hearts, and emotions of its readers every month. Now, for the first time, the editors of "Runner's World" have gathered these and other powerful tales of inspiration, elite athletes, oddballs, races, and adventures to give readers a collection of writing that is impossible to put down. With more than 40 gripping stories, "Going Long" transcends the sport of running to reach any reader with an appetite for drama, inspiration, and a glimpse into the human condition.
Author: Runner's World
Number of Pages: 320
Publisher: RODALE PRESS
Publication Date: 30 Mar 2010
- 10% of the profits from this book will be donated under Our Sustainability Commitment.
- For the first and second quarter of the year, we will be donating to Morning Star Community Services CareNights programme. Learn how we work with partners here.
- We are committed to shipping your books using plastic-free packaging.
- Orders from Singapore above S$20 are eligible for free local next-day delivery services.
- All orders are packed and dispatched within 2-7 business days. Business days are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Vendor: Thryft Singapore
- ISBN: 9781605295336
- While we do our best to ensure the accuracy of cover images, ISBNs may at times be reused for different editions of the same title which may hence appear as a different cover.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.